I decided that I might feel more inclined to post if I changed up my posts a little bit. I still plan on posting the recipes of things I've made, but there's a lot of things besides cooking and baking that I would like to post about... beauty products, new restaurants, shopping finds, other blogs I like.... I'm getting excited just thinking about it!
So let's start this now. I'm going to list five things that I'm loving right now. First, let me give you a sneak peek of what's at the end of this post.
More on that in a little bit!
5 Things I'm Loving Lately
1. Jergen's Natural Glow Lotion for Body & Face: This isn't a new product by any means and this isn't the first time I've purchased it, but there's something new about it this year. It doesn't smell weird anymore! Instead of smelling like you bathed in fake tanner, now it has a really fresh and pleasant smell. I actually really like the quality of the lotion too. My skin always feels super soft after I use it. This little miracle really helps this pale gal look like she got some sun!
2. Starbucks Iced Green Tea: I love me some Starbucks iced green tea. It's so fresh and minty! However, I don't love how expensive it is. I could slurp down a venti in 2 minutes flat. Well you can now buy a box of the tea and make it at home. The bags in the box conveniently come in pitcher sized bags, so you just pop one in a pot of boiling water, let it steep, and add cold water. Ta-da! This box cost $3.99 and will make you endless amounts of tea for a fraction of what you'd pay at Starbucks. So do yourself a favor and pick this up next time you're at the store! I got mine at Target and they also offer this in the passion tea (my other favorite) and the black tea.
3. Kendra Scott Danielle Earrings: Y'all.... I love these earrings. I bought my first pair last summer in white and I've worn them a million times since then. They go with absolutely everything! The shape is classic, yet trendy and I love the big pop of color they offer. They're a little more expensive then your average earrings, but I'm telling you- they're worth it. The pair in the picture below is of the Danielle earrings in Chaceldony. I got them for my birthday this year and I love them just as much as my white ones! An added bonus is that Kendra Scott is a Texas girl. Her company is based out of Austin and has expanded tremendously in the last year. I never hesitate when it comes to supporting a fellow Texas girl. Check out her website and I'm sure you'll find something you can't live without!
4. Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers: I found these cuties at the junky/flea part of Canton and I'm obsessed with them. They're pretty big for salt & pepper shakers so they'll hold a lot... and they're pink! They're adorable and I love how old they are. Perfect for my future kitchen :)
5. My best friend, Rachel: I saved the best for last! Rachel and I have been best friends since high school and I don't think I could live without her. Lately she's also been my personal trainer and I hope she knows how much I appreciate it! I'm sure she's sick of me whining when she comes up with a hard workout for us to do, but I really do appreciate the work she puts into it. Plus I get to hang with my best friend at the gym! Here we are at the Grand Ole Opry from our trip to Nashville in February.
Let's get down to the cooking! I made S'mores Pie a while back for my friend Laura's last day at our company. At Christmas time she had this gigantic 5 lb. Hershey's milk chocolate bar and decided I was the chosen one to do something with it. I found this recipe and knew it was meant to be!